Back in Action
Pre-Surgical Education Program
If you are contemplating back surgery, St. Mary's of Michigan is committed to getting you "Back in Action" with our comprehensive program. By being prepared, you'll become as independent as possible...as soon as possible.
"Back in Action" provides you with all the information and resources you'll need for a successful recovery. It includes pre-surgical classes designed to manage your expectations and alleviate your concerns and a special booklet that helps you maintain your records before, during, and after surgery.
Before surgery, you'll know:
- How to prepare (including what kinds of equipment or supplies you might need)
- The exact nature of the procedure you'll be having
- What your post-operative stay will be like
- What restrictions you may initially face
- How to resume the activities of daily living
- The kinds of therapy you'll undergo
- How we'll help you manage pain
- The kinds of activities you'll gradually add to your life
For more information, call (989) 907-8287.