FlightCare is available to any hospital, physician, nurse, paramedic, EMT or public safety officer 24 hours a day, any day of the year. Specially trained dispatch coordinator take all calls. The helicopter will not respond if weather of scene conditions would compromise the safety of crews or patients.
For patient transport: 1-800-EMS-EVAC
When You Call
Be ready with the following information
- Name of the agency requesting FlightCare
- Call back number or local radio frequency for air-to-ground communication
- Type of injuries or illness
- Location -- including cross streets, landmarks and nearest landing sites
- For inter-hospital transfer -- patient name, weight, receiving hospital and physician
All information will be relayed immediately to the medical team. Your ground personnel should monitor the appropriate radio frequency or have someone near a telephone to receive FlightCare estimated time of arrival.
After FlightCare has reached the final destination, the referral hospital will receive a telephone confirmation of the patient's admittance. Within 48 hours, patient progress/follow-up will be provided by FlightCare to the referring physician.
The referral hospital is not financially responsible for FlightCare services.