For those living with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pulmonary fibrosis and other lung diseases, St. Mary’s of Michigan offers a program to help you breathe easier.
- About their disease condition
- How to take medications properly
- Smoking cessation techniques
- Specialized breathing techniques and exercises
- Importance of diet
- Daily energy saving strategies
An individualized exercise plan help patients:
- Gain strength and conditioning
- Gain confidence to be more independent
- Improve their outlook on life and reduce anxiety
- Strengthen their heart and lungs
During exercise sessions, therapists monitor heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen levels and lung function. Experts also track patient progress and compare ability before and after pulmonary rehabilitation. Therapists will also help patients develop a home exercise program of their own.
For more information, call (989) 907-8733.