Watch and Learn
Have you ever wondered what causes a stroke? Stroke occurs when blood flow to the brain is disrupted. View this animation and learn how and why strokes occur and more importantly, warning signs that can save a life.
Top 10 Reasons to Select St. Mary's for Stroke Care
No other health system in the region has the specialized facilities, experience, equipment, technology and know-how that St. Mary’s of Michigan provides.
1. Region’s first certified Primary Stroke Center
2. Dedicated neuro-intensive care unit and neuro-progressive care units staffed primarily by certified neuroscience registered nurses—the first in the state of Michigan.
3. Dedicated and specially trained neurosurgeons, neurologists, and neuro-interventional radiologists with dedicated neurosurgery operating rooms
4. Stroke team to meet you when you arrive in the ED to rapidly assess the interventions needed to manage your stroke and give you the best chance to a full recovery
5. State of the art stroke interventions and therapies
6. Advanced imaging, including stealth image-guided navigation, ISO 3C spine imaging system, 64-slice CT scanning, and open MRI
7. Rehabilitation and spine care programs
8. One of the state’s largest minimally invasive spine surgery programs
9. Monthly support groups
10. Research and prevention programs
Test Your Stroke Knowledge
Be sure to check out these delicious AND nutritious recipes from our Health & Wellness library. See if you can make a different meal each week!
800 South Washington Avenue | Saginaw, MI 48601 | (989) 907-8000 | 1-844-907-8000