USE OF THE SITE
1. General Disclaimer. The information on this Site is provided by Us. While We attempt to keep the information as accurate as possible, We disclaim any implied warranty or representation about its accuracy or completeness, or appropriateness for a particular purpose. You assume full responsibility for using the information at this Site, and You understand and agree that We are neither responsible nor liable for any claim, loss or damage resulting from its use. The mention of specific products or services at this Site does not constitute or imply a recommendation or endorsement by Us, unless it is explicitly stated. Information on the Site may be changed or updated without notice.
2. No Medical Advice. This site is published as a public service for informational purposes only. Nothing contained in this Site is or should be considered, or used as a substitute for, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The services and information provided on this Site are to educate consumers on health care and medical issues that may or may not affect them. This Site and its services do not constitute the practice of medicine or constitute any medical, nursing or other professional health care advice, diagnosis or treatment. Use of and access to this Site does not crate a provider-patient or any other relationship between Us and You. We advise You to always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions regarding personal health or medical conditions. If You have or suspect that You have a medical problem or condition, please contact a qualified health care professional immediately. Never disregard, avoid or delay in obtaining medical advice from Your doctor or other qualified health care provider because of something You have read on this Site.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND INFORMATION.
Any website seeking to establish a link to this Site must first secure written permission with this Site's administrators (firstname.lastname@example.org). All of the above statements also relate to sites to which Our Site is linked. Any link requested will be reviewed and approved based on established criteria.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All right, title, and interest in and to the intellectual property and other proprietary rights embodied in the Site and any documentation downloaded or printed from the Site is owned or licensed by Us.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
OUR SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CREATED BY LAW, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFIT) ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR EXISTENCE OF OUR SITE, THE INABILITY TO USE OUR SITE, AND/OR THE INFORMATION THAT OUR SITE CONTAINS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THAT MEANS THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR PROVIDED THROUGH OUR SITE IS INTENDED FOR GENERAL CONSUMER UNDERSTANDING AND EDUCATION. ANY ACCESS TO THIS SITE IS VOLUNTARY. WE WILL REGARD ALL ACCESS AS VOLUNTARY AND AT THE SOLE RISK OF THE USER. WE HAVE NOT REVIEWED THE THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES THAT MAY BE LINKED TO OUR SITE AND DO NOT ENDORSE AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY OFF-SITE PAGES OR ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES LINKED TO OUR SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE FROM ERRORS OF ANY SORT OR FREE FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES.
WE ALSO DISCLAIM RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE RELATING TO OUR SITE WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED BY EVENTS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTS OF ANY OF OUR THIRD-PARTY VENDORS, ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THE SITES' RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED FIVE DOLLARS ($5.00).
If any of the above exclusions of warranties are unenforceable in Your jurisdiction, the other exclusions listed above will still be given effect to the full extent permitted by that jurisdiction's law. We make no representations about the reliability of the features of Our Site, and disclaim all liability in the event of any service failure. You acknowledge that any reliance on such material and/or systems will be at Your own risk. We make no representations regarding the amount of time any content or information will be preserved.
THE INFORMATION ON OUR SITE MAY CONTAIN INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE ADDITIONS, DELETIONS, OR MODIFICATIONS TO THE INFORMATION ON OUR SITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. WE ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW OUR SITE OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OUR SITE FROM THE INTERNET AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. ANYONE USING OUR SITE OR THE INFORMATION IT CONTAINS ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY AND ALL RISKS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE USE OF SUCH SITE OR THE INFORMATION IT CONTAINS.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
1. Collection of Information. We may provide various services to You through Our Site. These services may require You to provide certain personal information regarding Your identification, health history, etc. We collect personal information that You choose to share with Us using various tools and sections of Our Site. This information may include Your name, phone number, residence, e-mail address, health interests and answers to questions You ask. This information will be accessible only by those individuals who are associated with the service during their normal duties and who have been determined by Us as having a "need-to-know." A person's "need-to-know" will be determined by a combination of their job descriptions and local, state, and federal guidelines, rules and regulations governing access to medical and personal information. In general, Your information will be made available only to those professionals who will be providing Your care (or service) or those supporting said professionals in providing Your care (or service). At no time will You be asked for information without an explanation as to what that information will be used for. We do not automatically collect any personally identifiable information without Your knowledge or consent. However, We may ask You to provide information that We may deem necessary to provide You various requested services. You may at any time choose not to provide Us with information, realizing that by not doing so We may be unable to provide the requested service.
Our web server may collect the following general information about Your visit including, but not limited to: (1) the name of the domain from which You access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if You are connecting from an America Online account); (2) the date and time You access Our service; (3) the pages You visit; (4) the Internet address of the website from which You linked directly to Us (referral site); and (5) the name and version of the web browser software You are using. This information is collected automatically and it is not linked to Your personal identity. This information will only be used in its aggregate form to help Us improve Our Site and the services provided therein.
2. Use of Information. We not sell, trade or rent Your personally identifiable information to anyone. We may aggregate data about visitors to Our Site in a non-identifiable manner as described above, and use it for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to understanding who visits the Site, what portions of the Site are visited more frequently than others, and how the Site might be improved to make it more accessible and easier to navigate. Before any aggregated data is used, it will be stripped of information that could be used to identify an individual. In addition to the use of aggregated data, We may use personally identifiable information provided by You in the provision of services to You including, but not limited to, the following uses: (a) e-mail addresses provided by You are used to respond to comments or questions submitted through Our feedback and survey forms; (b) e-mail addresses provided when subscribing to Our list for e-mail bulletins are used to distribute the bulletins to subscribers; and (c) various members of Our staff may see the material You submit but access will be restricted (where applicable) on a "need-to-know" basis as governed by local, state and federal guidelines. In other limited circumstances, including requests from legal authorities, We may be required by law to disclose information You submit. However, under no circumstances will We ever disclose to a third party personal information about Your medical conditions or interests, except when We believe in good faith that the law requires it or that You (or Your legal representative) have sanctioned such disclosure by written waiver.
3. Cookies. We may use "cookie" technology to help personalize Your experience or assist Us in identifying You when You revisit Our Site. Cookies are small bits of information created by Our web server and stored on Your computer's hard drive. No personally identifiable information will be stored within a "cookie" file. All such information provided by You will be kept on Our secured server. Cookies are not required for You to use the Site � they are just tools to make Your browsing experience easier. If You do not want to receive cookies, You may block them by changing the browser settings on Your computer.
4. Security. The Site has security measures in place including, but not limited to, the use of industry standard secure socket layer encryption (SSL), to protect the confidentiality of any information that is submitted; however, to take advantage of this, We recommend the use of a browser supporting 128-bit encryption. Information supplied by You is sent to Our Site via SSL. .You should be aware that electronic mail and other Internet communications channels are not necessarily secure against interception.
We are not responsible for the security practices used by any Third Party Sites.
5. Compliance with COPPA. The Site is not directed toward minors or children under the age of thirteen (13). We comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and do not knowingly permit submission of, or collect or use information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
Additionally, the privacy practices of Our facilities can be view by clicking here.
|805 W. Cedar (M-61) | Standish, MI 48658 | (989)846-4521 | 1-844-907-8000
©2012 AHIS / St. Mary's of Michigan